Frequently Asked Questions
How much does SEO & Social Meta Manager cost?
Full access to all the fantastic features of SEO & Social Meta Manager costs only $4 USD per month. If you’d like to take the Manager for a test drive before you subscribe, we’d love for you to do so - that’s why we offer a 5 day free trial for all our users!
What exactly does SEO & Social Meta Manager do?
The SEO and Social Meta Manager is designed to be the ultimate Shopify App for improving your store’s ranking in search engine results, bringing you more customers and creating more sales.
SEO & Social Meta Manager incorporates a number of features to help you reach this goal:
- Adding unique page titles and descriptions to each product allows you to customise what potential customers see when they perform a search on search engines such as Google and Bing. Making your products stand out in SERPs with unique titles and descriptions is an excellent way to improve organic traffic from search and attract more sales!
- Applying the NoIndex and NoFollow meta tags to select pages lets you tell search engines which parts of your site you don’t want them to remember, and which links to external sources they don’t need to follow. These are effective ways of combating potential issues from duplicate content, improving your ranking, and preserving your crawl budget - all of which help make search engines your friend.
- Editing the Open Graph Data for a product controls what is displayed when someone shares your product to a social platform like Facebook or Google+. You can set a custom title and description, an image, or even a video to show, so you can tailor what gets shared to social channels for maximum impact.
- Establishing Authorship for your product descriptions, blog posts and other articles links them to your Google+ profile. This lets you build your personal reputation as an authority in your field, as well as adding the personal touch to your site and all relevant search results as people can see who wrote the text in question.
- NOODP and NOYDIR tagging can together keep your Shopify store from being incorrectly listed by web directories, which in turn helps protect your search rank.
Put together, these features provide all the tools you need to become an SEO powerhouse.
If you’d like to know more about SEO in general, we recommend the Moz.com Beginner’s Guide to SEO, a free and comprehensive resource that’s a great introduction for newcomers and a valuable refresher for old hands.
How do I install SEO & Social Meta Manager?
We’ve written a comprehensive installation guide that walks you through the simple process of setting up SEO & Social Meta Manager, which you can find right here.
Do I have to re-enter all my all my titles, descriptions and keywords?
No. We didn’t think that’d be much fun, and we didn’t think our users would either. There’s a tool within the app which lets you import your existing data for each product and page.
What if all I want is the ability to NoFollow & NoIndex pages?
You’re in luck! As well as our multifaceted SEO & Social Meta Manager, we’ve also created a dedicated lightweight Shopify app designed specifically to help shop owners set NoFollow & NoIndex meta tags on any pages they wish, for just $1 USD per month. Check out our NoFollow & NoIndex Manager for Shopify!